Home-town of Saint Francis, peacefully set on the slopes of the Subasio Mountain, Assisi is famous all over the Christian world.
The Basilica of Saint Francisis one of Europe’s most important sanctuaries and undoubtedly the cultural highlight of the entire region.
Our guides will show you the most important monuments, the roman remains, the charming intact medieval town, surprising views and the town’s hidden treasures.
+ Half day Itinerary
- Basilica of St. Francis*
- Piazza del Comune (central square)
- Minerva temple
- Chiesa Nuova
- Oratory of St. Francesco Piccolino
- Basilica of St. Claire
- San Rufino Cathedral (option)
+ Full day Itinerary
The visit to franciscan sites outside the townwalls is added to a half day itinerary
- Eremo delle Carceri (“Hermitage”)
- San Damiano sanctuary
- Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli and the Porziuncola.