Orvieto is probably Umbria’s most peculiar town, built high up on a vulcanic rock of tufa-stone. It was founded by the Etruscans more than 2700 years ago.
In the heart of the medieval town is one of Italy’s most astonishing gothic churches, the Cathedral.
Among the precious paintings inside, the frescocycle in chapel of San Brizio* is a masterpiece by the renaissance masters Beato Angelico Luca Signorelli.
Also famous the incredible Saint Patricks well (Pozzo di San Patrizio) 16th century.
The streets, the noble and public palaces, the ancient houses, all built in tufa stone, give Orvieto an original and unique atmosphere.
+ Half day itinerary
- Fortress Rocca dell’Albornoz
- Well Pozzo di San Patrizio (optional*)
- Temple of the Belvedere
- Cathedral and San Brizio Chapel*
- Sant’Andrea church
- Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo
- San Domenico church
+ Full day Itineray
You can opt for one of the following places in addition to the standard tour:
- Orvieto Underground and other sites of underground Orvieto *
- Claudio Faina Archaeological Museum *
- National archeologic museum *
- The Necropolis of Crocefisso del Tufo *
* Entrance fee